There’s still another way to withdraw money (click Getting Money In El Nido) which charges ZERO fees for your first transfer and is likely to be a better option in the following situations:
- If all the ATMs In El Nido are out of cash
- If withdrawal limits have been reduced because the machine is running low on cash
- If you would like to withdraw larger amounts in one go instead of paying repeat ATM fees (your bank and the local bank may both charge per withdrawal)
- If for some reason your card is not accepted in any of the ATMs In El Nido
- If you’re worried about losing your card to the machine when there’s a power outage (the reason we avoid using ATMs anywhere in the Philippines)
- If you are traveling elsewhere (even other countries) and would like to familiarize yourself with this useful emergency back up method. The following destinations also have reliability problems with ATMs – Oslob, Port Barton, Siargao.